Two Decades Of Florida Family Law Experience

Modification And Enforcement Of Orders In Marion County

Nothing stays the same forever. Children grow and their needs change. Parents’ incomes grow or are reduced. When circumstances change, existing court orders may no longer correspond to your family’s needs. For this reason, if you have an existing court order relating to child support or spousal support, it may be necessary to seek modification or enforcement of these existing court orders in a Florida court.

At the law firm of Ami L. DiLorenzo, P.A., our Ocala family law attorney has the experience necessary to handle post-judgment modifications and enforcements that may be necessary. If an existing order must be changed, we urge you to contact us at 352-580-1141 to discuss your goals.

Modification And Enforcement Of Child Support

When changing a current court-ordered child support obligation, Florida judges consider whether there has been a substantial change in the parents’ circumstances and whether modification of child support is in the child’s best interests.

At the law firm of Ami L. DiLorenzo, P.A., we advocate for our clients in modification issues. We help ensure that the judges reviewing our modification petitions consider all the factors necessary to make the right decisions. We also represent clients in matters related to the enforcement of child support orders.

  • If you need modification or enforcement of a child support order, financial concerns may weigh heavily on your mind, such as:
  • If you are having trouble paying child support, acting quickly is critical. You must file a petition for modification of child support and have a judge order that your support be reduced before you make reduced payments. Otherwise, you could be held responsible for any missed payments — regardless of your personal circumstances.
  • If you need to enforce a child support order, you may already be having trouble making ends meet. You may be worried about the additional costs of hiring a lawyer to enforce support. If you have to enforce child support, you should know that, under Florida law, parties in contempt of court usually have to pay your attorney’s fees. We almost always request that the other side pay attorney’s fees when we seek enforcement of child support from the court.

Modification And Enforcement of Alimony

Alimony, also called spousal maintenance or spousal support may need to be changed if a judge finds a substantial change in the circumstances of the parties involved. Our law firm represents clients in matters related to modification or enforcement of alimony orders, and some of our work focuses on termination of alimony based on a supportive relationship. Alimony may need to be modified when the circumstances of the parties have changed, for instance, when the payor spouse loses his or her job, or when the payee spouse no longer has a need and/or is in a supportive relationship.

Schedule a consultation with an Ocala enforcement of orders lawyer! Call 352-580-1141 or contact us online today. We place great emphasis on answering email inquiries as quickly as possible.