Divorce Mediator in Ocala
Professional Guidance Through Challenging Times
At Ami L. DiLorenzo, our trained Ocala mediator can provide individuals seeking a divorce with the opportunity to resolve problems with civility and objectivity. We pride ourselves on empowering each party with the ability to make plans for themselves, both now and in the future, and make decisions about various aspects of the divorce in a positive, productive manner.
Mediation is a legal requirement for those divorcing in the state of Florida and can conclude the divorce without court intervention in an overwhelming majority of cases. Ami DiLorenzo has been a Certified Florida Supreme Court Mediator since 2015 and can help you to address your family law matters calmly and swiftly.
- There are several benefits to hiring a mediator with legal training and experience, including:
- Extensive experience in divorce proceedings of all kinds.
- A more thorough understanding of the legal implications of your decisions.
- The ability to prepare an agreement customized to your unique needs.
Contact us today to speak to our team about divorce mediation and find out more about the services we can provide.
How Family Mediation Works
As a mediator, Ami L. DiLorenzo works as an unbiased third party who represents neither spouse. In mediation, both parties and their mediator work together to reach a settlement that everyone agrees on and assists each party in moving forward in their lives. We work tirelessly to facilitate productive conversations that move beyond the high emotions and help both parties reach reasonable conclusions. After this has been accomplished, we can prepare a legally-enforceable agreement which resolves some or all of the issues involved in the divorce proceeding—all while avoiding the stress or expense of time spent in court.
Peace of Mind
Nothing is more important to our Ocala divorce mediator than helping you to achieve your goals efficiently and in an environment that is encouraging to settlement. Particularly when children are involved, if parents can mutually agree to what is in the family's best interest without getting the courts involved, it goes a long way in their process of healing and moving forward.
Call us at (352) 437-2200 or contact us online today to schedule Ami as your divorce mediator. She will work hard to help you settle your case, facilitate a settlement that everyone can agree upon and move forward.
What Is Divorce Mediation?
Mediation is a form of alternative dispute resolution (ADR), which not only saves divorcing spouses time, money, and heartache, but gives them the kind of control that is generally lacking throughout the litigation process.
The dissolution of a marriage can be extremely emotional and overwhelming even under the best of conditions. If there exists any kind of contention, as there often does, this stress can be magnified tenfold. If you have children, the stakes increase dramatically as well. With so much in flux in your life during this time, having an impartial mediator to help keep things on track is an invaluable tool. Our Ocala divorce lawyer can serve as your mediator during this trying time.
- We can help you come to a peaceful resolution as to how the following things will be handled in your divorce:
- Child custody
- Child support
- Spousal support
- Division of assets
- Division of debt
Contact us today! We have the skill and experience to guide you through the divorce mediation process.
Why Choose Family Law Mediation?
When parties file for divorce in Florida, mediation is court mandated. In fact, you cannot get in front of a judge for a final trial unless and until you have attended mediation. Approximately 90% of divorce cases settle prior to trial and most are settled at the mediation stage. This is the best alternative because it gives the litigants control over their divorce: control over what happens to their children, their assets and debts, the marital home.
Ami DiLorenzo has been a practicing family law attorney for almost 20 years. Attorney DiLorenzo is reasonable, yet firm and can help and guide you to a resolution that you have actively participated in.
The Benefits of Mediation
- Saves Time – While it generally depends on how cooperative both parties are, mediation can generally be conducted in one or two days, while litigation often takes much longer.
- Simplicity – It is often simpler to prepare for mediation than it is to prepare for arbitration or litigation.
- No Court Dates – Having to schedule court appearances is a major part of what makes litigation less convenient and more time-consuming. With mediation, a schedule can be tailored to suit the needs of both parties and meetings can even be held at a residence or neutral location.
- Fewer Fees & Costs – There are no court filing fees or other related expenses.
- Personal Control – Without a judge, both parties will be able to work toward a resolution that can better satisfy their own goals and interests. In litigation, it is possible for neither party to be happy with the outcome.
- Privacy – Mediation is a private process, whereas civil litigation is subject to public knowledge.
Call us at (352) 437-2200 or contact us online today to take advantage of our divorce and family mediation services.